1. What does Curley’s partner mean when she says, ‘They left all the weak ones here’?
2. State the 3 things that you believe are most significant about Curley’s spouse’s character, scenario or behaviour in this chapter.
3. Discover and copy down the quotations which show how Crooks responds to the risks of Curley’s partner. Exactly what is she threatening, and why does Crooks respond in the way he does?
4. What is Candy referring to when he says that Curley’s better half ‘can move peaceful’?
5. (Links to question 2) How does Curley’s wife discovered to you in this extract? Compare how she has actually been portrayed before to how she is now.
6. How do you believe Lennie feels about Curley’s other half now?
Extension: There are some descriptions in this extract which suggest disruption. These develop a state of mind for the last events in the book. Discover these, and talk about them.
1. When Curleys other half states they left all the weak ones here I think she is referring to the reality that since of their scenarios; candy, criminals & & Lennie were not efficient in visiting the whore house like the other males. Curelys partner is recommending that they are weaker because of their inability to participate in some of the activities other guys can.
2. In this chapter I think that Curleys spouse comes across as unkind harsh and nasty. She emits the impressions that she likes feeling higher than others and she seems as though she can be quite dishonest with an inclination to lie.
3. “Crooks stared hopelessy at her and after that sat down on his bunkk and drew into himself”
i wrote in my opinion candy states curleys better half can, move rather because he is making reference to and notifying the reality that curley; s wife is rather sly in what she does as she triggers issues and searches for problem without being seen or spoken with others particularly curley