2. In Martin Luther King Jr’s speech he uses a range of brilliant phrases that paint a picture for the audience. For instance: “crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination”” the negro is still languishing in the corners of society and finds himself an exile in his own land” “let us not look for to please our thirst for flexibility by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.” These expressions attribute to gaining his audience’s attention and emotion.
3. Main points in his speech: African American people are being victimized in society, although the emancipation proclamation granted all servants citizenship. America will not be serene as long as there is segregation. MLK and his fans will only be a part of a peaceful protest. If America is to be a great nation flexibility is essential among all individuals.
4. It is clear that MLK is very passionate about what he states in his speech. While staying passionate, he understands that he will not win the war against segregation by being bitter and mad. My analysis is that he is in a method positive that this concern will be fixed, and he understands that this ongoing problem will not be fixed immediately.
5. The audience in this case would be basically everyone in the United States at the time along with us today. MLK most likely didn’t understand that his speech would make such a huge impact in our world today, but his speech was intended towards American society as a whole.
6. Without hesitation I will say that MLK does be successful with his message. Our nation today has very little racial injustice and people can be judged by their character. I believe that the reason he has succeeded is attributed to his attitude and grace that he shows during the speech. His message would not have actually been accepted if he was to snap in anger and slam the white male.